Join the Sara Zarrella Photography Mailing List!
Email:
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Monday, October 5, 2009

Caitlin and Jason


I met Caitlin two years ago at a wedding where I was photographing. As I was shooting, she came up to me and said, "When I get married, I want YOU to photograph my wedding!"

At the time, she had been dating Jason ... but sure enough, in April of 2008, my phone rang and it was Caitlin!

April 19 ... Jason had the entire proposal planned (Caitlin had NO clue). Blessed with perfect weather, the two headed out for breakfast and a drive in Newport, Rhode Island.

The proposal poem:

Caitlin

Finding you has been a dream come true
I never thought I could love someone as much as I love you

We used to cross Oceans for each other, now we are near
Living with you has helped me see things more clear

It's difficult to leave you in the morning, but I love seeing you at night
Relaxing with you at the end of the day just feels so right

It's the little things you do that help brighten my day
We compromise and work together; I wouldn't want it any other way

I realize that together we are a perfect pair
And I wanted you to know how much I truly care

I have finally found the Woman of my dreams, the love of my life
I could never imagine any other to be my wife

I look forward to the life we will spend together
Because my heart belongs to you forever

What I'm trying to say, you may already see
Is Caitlin....

(Jason knelt down here)

Will you Marry Me?

As the wedding would take place during the Summer on August 15th, 2009 at the Atlantic Beach Club, Caitlin and Jason wanted to schedule (specifically) an Autumn Engagement Session at Roger Williams Park and Zoo, in Providence, to showcase a different "look" in their images.

Caitlin's natural radiance and glow was present the day I met her but every time we met, the more she seemed to radiate! Her personality is very fun, lighthearted and "frolic-y" and it's precious to watch her with Jason, who is super attentive and loving to her. They're wonderful to be around.

She called me as soon as she found her bridesmaid's dresses at The Bridal Garden. (They were so unique too. In all my time photographing weddings, I had never seen the color before - it was enchanting!) Everything took off and fell into place from there and the excitement took hold of her. Caitlin is someone who is, simply put, wholly happy! She and I went out for coffee and she kept asking me, "Should I be nervous? Should I? 'Cuz I'm not!" - pretty awesome, considering it was only TWO days before the wedding! :-)



YAY!!! The WEDDING DAY is finally here!
We couldn't have caught a more perfect day too!
We began the day by documenting Caitlin getting ready at
her parent's home in Narragansett. Here comes the bride!
Isn't she just absolutely radiant?
The wedding colors were hot pink and green and
Flowerthyme in Wakefield, Rhode Island did superb job
of weaving the theme into the stunning floral arrangements.
Their ceremony took place at a local church in Narragansett.
In this photo, we are outside the church after the nuptials.
We also went to Goat Island and stopped by the
lighthouse at the Hyatt Regency, Newport.
We strolled down to Ocean Drive and I was able to capture
this really fun photo of the entire wedding party.
On the way back, we made a pit stop!
Can't get anymore "Rhode Island" than Del's!
We got back to the Atlantic Beach Club and just before
the reception, we took advantage of the perfect light, the
beach and the view to make more beautiful photographs ...
Just to give you an idea of the "feel" of Caitlin and Jason's day!
The band, Men in Black (Hank Agency Group; Boston, MA) was incredible!
With the exception of eating, the guests didn't warm their seats at all!

Ahhhhh ... the first dance as husband and wife! Nothin' sweeter!
Barbara Ruggieri made a magnificent and VERY yummy and cake!

Enjoy your lives together, Caitlin and Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment